From Scrapbook to Canvas
Intensive Spring & Autumn Workshop
May Full - Next dates from 3rd to 6th of October 2019
This hands on workshop will encourage you to work in innovative ways exploring how to combine images, textures, materials and objects that "talk to you" and engage your imagination to create artworks that "tell a story".
You will explore scrapbooking, collage, assemblage and mixed media painting on paper, on hard surface and on canvas combined with guided creative exercises and embodied explorations to inspire your artistic process. You will bridge hands on art making with creative writing and the unfolding of your own inner stories.
It is ideal for students who wish to explore their inner world of images and symbols as a starting point for visual creation, storytelling and creative writing.
In this process you will learn or improve your existing skills to:
- Get in touch with your own conscious and unconscious symbolic language and use it to engage your imagination
- Embrace chance, randomness and dreams to tap into unexpected sources of inspiration, creative synchronicity and develop a new visual language.
- Build up and shape layers with collage, assemblages, painting and other mixed media on paper and canvas using a selection of tools and techniques. You will have your own easel, table and work station
- Explore spontaneous creative writing and storytelling that will emerge from your creations or inspire them
- Surrender to the emerging process of art making harnessing unexpected and chance encounters
- Work with the complementary creative forces of chaos and order, Eros and the creative impulses, de-constructing and re-constructing
- Learn to dialogue with your inner critic and other inner voices
- Harvest meaningful insights from your creative process and transfer them into the context of your life
This workshop takes place in my art studio with a group of only 5 participants. Each participant has a working area with easel, table and floor space in order to create. The program is aimed for adults interested in expressive and surrealist contemporary art making and is designed to be inspiring for skilled artists as well as beginners. All basic art materials are provided, if possible bring a selection of your own images, photos, postcards ... to weave your personal history into your creation.